This garlic, pepper, and herb quinoa recipe comes form Mike Eberhart, the author of the popular cookbook, “Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free Gourmet Desserts.”
Special Diet Notes: Garlic, Pepper, and Herb Quinoa
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tamari (GF Soy Sauce)
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 4 scallions/green-onions (including greens)
- Place vegetable broth, Quinoa, Garlic Powder, and Tamari in pan; bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer - cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, chop the vegetables into small chunks.
- Add chopped vegetables to quinoa that has cooked for 15 minutes, and then continue simmering quinoa and vegetables/herbs for another 5-8 minutes.
- Serve warm.