This coleslaw has circled the internet as a recipe from J.D. Parks, the owner of Barbecue & More in Richmond, KY.
Special Diet Notes: J.D.’s Coleslaw
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 5 to 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 Vidalia or red onion, thinly sliced
- Shredded carrots, optional
- ½ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1¼ to 1½ teaspoons celery salt
- 1 to 1½ teaspoons cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Place all the vegetables in a large 1- or 2-gallon plastic bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, and pour over the vegetables.
- Toss to make sure vegetables are coated.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator. Turn it a few times.