Special Diet Notes: Maple-Roasted Apples and Carrots
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 large red onion, sliced very thin (food processor)
- 2 pounds thin carrots, cut in one-inch segments
- 3 granny smith apples, unpeeled, cut in wedges
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup unfiltered apple cider
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Arrange in one layer in a baking sheet just large enough to hold all ingredients snugly in one layer.
- Cover loosely with foil, and bake about 45 minutes.
- Check that all veggies are tender, and the sauce is thick.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving platter and serve hot.