Yet another creative quinoa masterpiece from the Speed Vegan. Non-vegans may choose to add some shrimp, seafood, and/or sausage for an ever so slightly more authentic paella. Either way, this quick quinoa paella makes for a delicious and wholesome meal!
Special Diet Notes: Quick Quinoa Paella
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves or garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- pinch saffron
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup light beer
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- lemon wedges
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers. cook for 4-6 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, paprika, and saffron. simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, stock and beer and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- To serve, decorate with lemon wedges.