This roasted green beans with hemp seed brittle recipe is courtesy of Manitoba Harvest. It makes a great vegan side dish!
Special Diet Notes: Roasted Green Beans with Hemp Seed Brittle
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
Roasted Green Beans with Hemp Seed Brittle
We simply love recipes that take so few ingredients yet sound so delicious. This was sent by Manitoba Harvest - makers of loads of great hemp seed products.
Author: Manitoba Harvest
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅓ cup shelled hemp seeds (Hemp Hearts)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Place green beans in a baking pan, toss with the olive oil and ¼ of the teaspoon salt.
- Place the hemp seeds on a separate baking sheet.
- Roast the hemp seeds and green beans for 10 minutes; set the hemp seeds aside.
- Cover the green beans with foil and roast them for an additional 30 minutes.
- While the green beans are roasting, make the brittle.
- Spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the sugar and ½ cup of water in a small saucepan, ensuring sugar is completely covered with water. Turn the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Let caramelize until deep, golden brown, watching constantly as this happens fairly quickly.
- Stir in the roasted hemp seeds, still warm from the oven.
- Spread this sticky brittle on prepared foil.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and let cool.
- Combine the green beans and hemp seed brittle, then serve.