This maple-mustard glazed roasted turnips recipe is from The Vegan Chef.
Special Diet Notes: Maple-Mustard Glazed Roasted Turnips
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 4 lbs (approx 2kg) turnips, peeled, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grain brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a large pot, place the turnips, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook the turnips in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften. Drain well and set aside.
- Lightly oil (or spray with a light mist of oil) a large baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the maple syrup, mustard, sunflower oil, toasted sesame oil, salt, and pepper, and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Place the drained turnips in the prepared baking dish, pour the warm maple-mustard mixture over the turnips, and sprinkle with the fresh thyme.
- Bake at 350 degrees, basting the turnips with the sauce every 20-30 minutes to evenly coat them, and bake for 1-1½ hours or until they are golden brown and very tender.