A light latke that really works…straight from Chef Eric Tucker. Tucker is known for his beautifully designed cookbook, “The Artful Vegan” and his work at Millennium, a high end vegan restaurant in San Francisco.
Special Diet Notes: Zucchini Latkes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated onion
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Place grated vegetables in a colander for 30 minutes to drain. Wrap in paper towels and squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini, onion, chickpea flour and spices until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat.
- Remove batter from refrigerator, pouring off any excess liquid. Using a tablespoon, drop batter onto pan to form 2-inch rounds. Flatten with a spatula and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown and crisp.