Apple crisps and cobblers are my favorite fall desserts, especially when topped with dairy-free ice cream. And this slow cooker apple cobbler makes indulging so much easier. Just 15 minutes of prep and you can forget about this crockpot recipe until it’s time for dessert!
This slow cooker apple cobbler recipe with photo was shared with us by McCormick.com. It has been adapted ever so slightly to make it dairy free and vegan without sacrificing the integrity of the recipe. This post contains some Amazon Affiliate links to products used in this recipe and ones that I personally recommend.
This slow cooker apple cobbler recipe was created by McCormick Kitchens Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. He says, “this is an ooey gooey dessert that will fill your kitchen with an irresistible, sweet and spicy aroma while it slow cooks.”
hunybee77 on Instagram agreed. “Made this for Thanksgiving. Very good!!”
Special Diet Notes: Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
Baking Mix Options: Surprisingly, regular Bisquick and Bisquick Heart Smart (no hydrogenated oils) happen to be dairy-free. Those are the baking mixes that were used to create this recipe. But you can also make your own shelf-stable Better than Crocker Homemade Baking Mix or Mama’s Homemade Baking Mix with ease.
- 5 medium Gala apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (see note below)
- ¼ cup all-purpose dairy-free baking mix (see post above)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grease the inside of slow cooker.
- For the Apple Filling, toss the apple slices, brown sugar, baking mix and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Place the mixture in your slow cooker.
- For the Cobbler Topping, stir the baking mix, oats, sugars, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Cut in the buttery spread or coconut oil with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture over the Apple Filling.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high.
More Sweet Slow Cooker Recipes …
Hot Fudge Sundae Cake (vegan with gluten-free & allergy-friendly options)
Cinnamon Crockpot Apple Butter (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Slow Cooker Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)