Ditch the perfectly timed oven schedule and put your slow cooker to work! This slow cooker sausage stuffing will free up oven space and give you more time to enjoy your company. The recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving feasts, but can be enjoyed at any holiday gathering or for a fuss-free weeknight dinner.
This slow cooker sausage stuffing recipe with photo was shared with us about a year ago by McCormick.
Special Diet Notes: Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, and optionally vegetarian.
- ¼ cup dairy-free buttery spread or olive oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ pound dairy-free mild Italian sausage, casing removed (vegan, if preferred)
- 1 cup chicken stock (not unsalted; can sub vegetable broth)
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 10 cups cubed French bread (1-inch pieces; gluten-free, if needed)
- Melt the buttery spread or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker. Add the stock, sage, and rosemary and stir to combine. Add the bread cubes and sausage mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes on high. Uncover and stir. Cook, uncovered for 30 minutes longer.
Key Pantry Supplies: Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing
What temperature should the slow cooker be set to for the sausage stuffing? Low or High?
For the recipe, it’s set on high. It’s a quicker “slow cook.”