These Fruit & Nut Bars are another great recipe from Jennifer Shmoo of the Vegan Lunchbox…
Special Diet Notes: Fruit & Nut Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup prune purée or one 2.5 oz container baby prunes
- ½ cup currants or finely chopped raisins
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped fine
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Lightly coat an 8-inch x 8-inch pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead with your hands until a good, stiff dough forms. Add a tablespoon of water if the mixture is too dry. Press dough firmly and evenly into the prepared pan. Cut into squares with a sharp knife before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until baked through but still soft (don’t overbake them or the bars will be tough). Store leftover bars in the refrigerator.