Posted in an article on Kids Cuisine, this recipe comes from the “7 days, 7 ways” published by the The National Honey Board.
Special Diet Notes: Honey Cherry Almond Granola Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, and vegetarian. Optionally gluten-free and soy-free.
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup dairy-free butter or margarine, melted (such as Earth Balance)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups low-fat granola
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together honey, butter, egg whites, cinnamon, and almond flavoring.
- Stir in granola, almonds and cherries. Pat into 9-inch non-stick (or well-greased) square pan. Using a piece of wax paper, firmly press granola mixture in pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Place pan on a cooling rack.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.