These simple, sweet, spicy toasted barbecue nuts are so flavorful and so simple to whip up with just 2 ingredients!
Special Diet Notes: Toasted Barbecue Nuts
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 16 oz. raw nuts
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put nuts in a bowl and top with Nanny's Jamaican Kitchen BBQ & Dipping Sauce. Stir gently until nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Place nuts in a single layer on a foil-covered cookie sheet. (This is very important.) Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir nuts and smooth into single layer. Bake for another 10-20 minutes, stirring every 5-6 minutes. Nuts will become a deep caramel brown color, but watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Turn oven off and leave nuts in oven for 5 minutes.
- Open oven door and leave nuts in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before storing.
- Store in a tightly covered container.