This classic spiced pecans recipe was submitted by Pat to AllRecipes.com, and modified by reader suggestions. As an alternative, a couple of readers suggested adding a bit of cayenne or chilli powder for a sweet/spicy mix.
Special Diet Notes: Spiced Pecans
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl beat the egg white with the water. Stir in the pecans, mixing until well moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the moistened nuts. Spread nuts on prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Check while cooking to ensure that you do not overcook and burn the nuts.