This thyme sundried tomato rice crackers recipe is from the Enjoy Life Foods test kitchen. It is gluten-free and free from the top eight allergens and filled with nutrition. If you can’t locate any of the Enjoy Life cereal for this recipe, try substituting another crispy rice cereal in a pinch.
Special Diet Notes: Thyme Sundried Tomato Rice Crackers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 3 tablespoons golden flax seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (fresh is best!)
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds (extra needed for garnish)
- ¼ cup white or brown rice flour
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Crunchy Rice Cereal (may sub another crispy rice cereal in a pinch - but Enjoy Life's is a bit firmer, heartier and is food allergy friendly)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- ) Combine Flax, Thyme, Cumin, Salt, Tomato Paste and Hot Water in a food processor bowl. Allow to sit for one minute. Run processor for about 30 seconds. Add in sunflower seeds and rice flour. Run processor again for about 20 seconds. Add in Crispy Rice cereal and process until nearly mixed into the dough.
- ) Working quickly, place dough on a piece of parchment and using wet hands, push down to flatten. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to ⅛″ – 1/16″. If dough is sticky, cover with another piece of parchment and roll slowly from the center. If dough cracks, repair with more dough and use water as a glue.
- ) When you achieve the desired thickness, brush entire surface with water, sprinkle sunflower seeds on top and press in with rolling pin. Possible other garnishes to add include: fresh herbs, black pepper, coarse sea salt or garlic.
- ) Using either a round or wheel pastry cutter, cut the cracker dough into desired shapes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and place in center rack of the oven.
- ) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool completely before eating.
Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks.