Special Diet Notes: Whole Grain Power Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
Bob's Red Mill is truly a leader in the whole grain industry, as evidenced not only by their products but also their recipes! You can check out Bob's Red Mill Baking Book: More Than 400 Recipes Featuring Whole & Healthy Grains (not completely dairy-free, but mostly) and the Bob's Red Mill website.
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup dairy-free protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Cook dry quinoa according to directions. While this is cooking, combine oats, flax, protein powder, baking soda, sugar, flour, walnuts, seeds, cranberries, coconut and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to the pan the oil, vanilla and water. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spread mixture into greased 9 x 13-inch pan, pressing down with hands to fit into pan. Dough may seem slightly dry, but this is okay. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F. Allow to cool and cut into pieces.