It might be cold outside, but you can snuggle up with this warm Eskimo Kiss. It’s a not-to-sweet and delicious cider made with apple, pomegranate juice, and spices. And it’s a wonderful way for everyone to enjoy the flavors of the season without any top allergens.
Special Diet Notes: Eskimo Kiss Spiced Pomegranate-Apple Cider
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider
- 1 quart fresh squeezed pomegranate juice or 100% pomegranate juice (see Juice Note below)
- 12 cloves
- 12 allspice berries, cracked
- 8 cinnamon sticks, plus additional for garnish
- 6 star anise
- Place the apple cider, pomegranate juice, cloves, allspice, cinnamon sticks, and anise in a saucepan. Place over medium-low heat, and hHeat to just under a boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover.
- Let the cider steep for two hours.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve, and serve hot with a cinnamon stick garnish.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Enjoy cold or gently reheat to serve warm.