This butternut squash soup was one of the showcase recipes in my local Wild Oats advertisement. Surprisingly easy.
Special Diet Notes: Butternut Squash Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ⅓ cup dairy-free milk beverage (cashew, soy, or light coconut milk are great options)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place squash, onion, carrot and garlic in a roasting pan. Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast 40 minutes, until the squash is soft.
- Place vegetables in a soup pot. Add broth, wine, herbs and allspice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Puree using a stick blender or in a blender. Stir in dairy-free milk.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.