Special Diet Notes: Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 level tsp mustard powder
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 6 medium carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- optional: natural soy yoghurt to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and soften the onion and garlic with the mustard powder, ginger, pepper and salt, adding 2 or 3 tablespoons stock after a minute or so. After another 2 -3 minutes, add the carrots, stirring well.
- Pour in the rest of the stock, bring to the boil, then cover and leave to simmer for 40 minutes.
- When it is ready, whiz the soup until smooth in a blender, or using a hand-held stick blender in the pan.
- Stir in the chopped parsley, saving a little for garnish and reheat the soup gently if you need to.
- When serving, swirl a spoonful of yoghurt through each portion.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.