This simple, yet elegant Leek & Salmon Soup hails from the November issue of Foods Matter, the magazine for special diets and allergies. Online subscriptions are available for both U.S. and U.K. residents.
Special Diet Notes: Leek & Salmon Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 large leeks, very finely sliced
- 14oz salmon fillet, sliced in approx 8” pieces
- 6¼ cups gluten & wheat-free fish or vegetable stock
- ⅞ cup dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 large lemon
- large handful fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, add the leeks and cook very slowly for 30-40 minutes or until they are soft.
- Add the salmon, the stock and wine, salt and pepper and bring slowly to just below the boil, by which time the salmon pieces should be almost cooked.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Chop in about half of the dill and mix very gently.
- Reheat to serve, stirring gently and not allowing the soup to boil.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with extra dill.