Special Diet Notes: Quick Mexican Cholent Bean Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 6-8 cups leftover cholent
- 2 cups water
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 5-6 bay leaves, or 1 teaspoon ground
- Good pinch red crushed pepper
- Optional: minced garlic, minced cilantro
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a heavy pot.
- Reduce the temperature to medium, and cook, covered, 15 minutes.
- Adjust consistency and seasonings.