Technically, this recipe is called Spicy Orange Soup, but we slightly altered the name to avoid confusion, as it is orange by color not by ingredients. In fact this rich spicy autumn soup possesses the many wonderful flavors of fall. Thank you for Holler over at Tinned Tomatoes for sharing it! Oh yes, and the awesome photo too!
Also, be sure to select a vegetable stock that suits your dietary needs.
Special Diet Notes: Spicy Orange Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 pints vegetable stock
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the onion, garlic and ginger in the olive oil until softened and then add the spices. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add the carrots, squash and potato. Cover with stock and boil until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz the soup for a creamy finish.
- Top with a dollop of dairy-free yogurt.