This rich, creamy dairy-free, soy-free and vegan cashew whipped cream is a sample recipe from The Conscious Cook by Chef Tal Ronnen. It’s a key component in one of his popular dessert recipes, Vegan Black Pepper Shortcakes with Blackberry Basil Sauce.
This cashew whipped cream takes just a few minutes of hands on time, but planning ahead is key. The cashews must be soaked for several hours or overnight, and once blended, the cashew whipped cream will need 2 hours to chill out.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Cashew Whipped Cream
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup thick cashew cream
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup refined coconut oil, warmed until liquid
- Place the cashew cream in a blender and add the agave nectar, vanilla, and ¼ cup water. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle the coconut oil in through the hole in the blender lid. Blend until emulsified.
- Pour into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.