This recipe for vegan brittle is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Joni Hilton. For the brittle base, she uses Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Spicy Thai Vegan Brittle
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian. Just be sure to use caution when selecting chocolate. There are many wonderful dairy-free options (we love Scharffenberger), but for all-around allergy-friendly, look for Enjoy Life Chocolate.
- 1 cup stevia sugar substitute
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon. agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups slivered almonds or other nuts
- 2 cups dark chocolate pieces or chips
- Just stir all ingredients except chocolate together in a sauce pan over medium heat until caramel colored. No thermometer needed! Pour onto aluminum foil and let cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave 30 seconds at a time until softening, then stir to melt completely. Break up brittle and dip in chocolate, then let harden.