This recipe for spring cereal is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Fiona Verdon. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage and Coconut Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Fiona says, “This DELICIOUS healthy raw spring cereal is so easy to make but really tastes fabulous. (I know its not the best looking thing in the world, but it sure is the tastiest!) It really embodies spring with all of its wonderful colors and sweet soft taste. Mother natures gift! Plus, you’ll be happily surprised with how healthy and delicious this spring cereal is, definitely my favorite breakfast hands down! It’s really something you can play around with and change to make your perfect match.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Spring Cereal with Banana Milk
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For nut-free and dairy-free spring cereal, substitute the almond butter with your favorite seed or pea butter.
- ½ cup chilled So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage
- ¼ banana
- ¼ frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- You can use any mix of fruit, nuts, and other condiments (like chocolate powder, raisins, chia seeds or granola) but my favorite mix right now includes:
- Handful of blueberries
- 3 sliced strawberries
- ½ sliced banana
- 1 kiwi
- 1 apricot
- A few walnuts and cashews
- Coconut shavings
- Blend the "Milk" ingredients in your smoothie machine or food processor (Add in the liquids, spices, and almond butter in first, banana next and toss in the frozen banana last). Make sure it is fully combined but do not over mix.
- Pour into bowl and then add in your favorite fruits and nuts.
- Powder with cinnamon and shake a few coconut shavings on top.
*I threw a few frozen blueberries into the milk in the second picture!