This recipe for spring chicken salad is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Michelle Hendrickson. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This fresh spring chicken salad has a double dose of avocado, sliced on top and in the dressing. To make the rich dressing, Michelle uses Coconut Milk Beverage.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Spring Chicken Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- ¼ head ice berg lettuce, cut or torn into pieced
- Creamy Avocado Dijon Dressing
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large strawberries, cut in chunks
- ½ avocado, cut in chunks
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded or roasted chicken
- ⅛ cup chopped bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Layer the two types of lettuce on a plate.
- Spoon on salad dressing and layer all other toppings on top.
- Add a pinch of pepper and salt.