This recipe for almond breakfast pudding is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Kaylee Dey. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk and Greek-Style Almond Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Kaylee says, “This almond breakfast pudding is so healthy and delicious! I love it because I can prep everything the night before and just assemble it the next morning! I usually make a big batch and keep it in my fridge all week for easy breakfasts.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Strawberry Almond Breakfast Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek-Style Cultured Almond Milk
- 3-4 tablespoons honey (see post above for vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond milk, cultured milk, 2 tablespoons honey, the vanilla and salt until blended. Whisk in the chia seeds; let stand 30 minutes. Stir then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, toss the berries with the remaining tablespoon of honey and set aside.
- Spoon the pudding into 4 bowls or glasses; mound the berries on top and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.