This recipe for strawberry banana bread was a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Alana. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including Almond Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Alana shared this as a spring springtime dessert, using dairy-free yogurt for added moisture. She also says, “Today I made this strawberry banana bread with an Omega 3 brand flour that has a great deal of wheat in it. But, in my recipe I have regular flour because most people may not appreciate the extra fiber. Either can be substituted.”
Special Diet Notes & Options: Strawberry Banana Bread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 4 very ripe, mashed bananas
- 454 grams (16 ounces) dairy-free vanilla yogurt alternative (like So Delicious Cultured Coconut)
- 3¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a stand mixer bowl beat eggs, 1 cup oil, bananas, and yogurt together.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together. Reserve 6 tablespoons of the dry mixture; this will be the topping crumble.
- Add all the dried ingredients including the baking powder to the mixer bowl. Mix on low speed until almost all the white does not show.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour batter into 2 loaf pans.
- For the crumb topping, add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil to the dry ingredients and stir to make a crumble. Sprinkle over the loafs.
- Bake loaves for 80 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- This can be enjoyed with or without glaze.