This dairy-free sunset smoothie reminds me of a Polynesian-style drink, like a Mai Tai. It’s infused with that delicious combination of orange, lime and grenadine. But unlike cocktails, it’s alcohol-free and made creamy with the additions of mango and dairy-free ice cream. You can sip on it as a sweet reward at the end of a warm day.
This recipe was shared with us by Pacific Foods back in 2006. But I’ve updated it with my own photos and some modifications to the recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Sunset Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to pick the dairy-free milk beverage and frozen dessert (aka ice cream!) that suit your dietary needs.
- ¾ cup ice
- ½ cup dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup canned mango slices, with juice (can sub frozen strawberries)
- ¼ cup plain dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ ounce grenadine
- Orange or lime wedge, for garnish (optional)
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish (optional)
- Put the ice, ice cream, orange juice, mango, milk beverage, lime juice, and grenadine in your blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a 12-ounce glass and add an orange or lime slice and maraschino cherry speared on a toothpick. Serve with a straw.