This dairy-free sunset smoothie reminds me of a Polynesian-style drink, like a Mai Tai. It’s infused with that delicious combination of orange, lime and grenadine. But unlike cocktails, it’s alcohol-free and made creamy with the additions of mango and dairy-free ice cream. Sip on it as a sweet reward at the end of a warm day.
This recipe was shared with us by Pacific Foods, but the photo is mine.
Special Diet Notes: Sunset Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to pick the dairy-free milk beverage and frozen dessert (aka ice cream!) that suit your dietary needs.
- ¾ cup ice
- ½ cup dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup canned mango slices, with juice (can sub frozen strawberries)
- ¼ cup plain dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ ounce grenadine
- Orange or lime wedge, for garnish (optional)
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish (optional)
- Put the ice, ice cream, orange juice, mango, milk beverage, lime juice, and grenadine in your blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a 12-ounce glass and add an orange or lime slice and maraschino cherry speared on a toothpick. Serve with a straw.