Sometimes, the best things in life are naturally dairy-free … like freshly made iced tea on a hot summer’s day. And since today is National Iced Tea Day, I thought it would be a great time to share some fabulous iced tea recipes, including a new twist on tradition, sorghum iced tea with citrus.
The recipe and photo for this sorghum iced tea were shared with us by United Sorghum Checkoff.
Iced Tea Inspired Deliciousness
All of the following recipes and ideas for National Iced Tea Day are dairy-free and vegan-friendly. Most are gluten-free, too (just not the cupcakes) and top food allergy-friendly.
- Vegan Peach Bread Pudding with Iced Tea Nice Cream
- Perfect Unsweetened Iced Tea + Darjeeling Tea Chocolate Bark
- Six Ways to Dress Up Iced Tea
- DeeBee’s Organic Tea Pops (with new Chocolate Mint!)
- Four Flavor Takes on Refreshing Iced Tea
- Vegan Iced Tea Cupcakes with Lemon-Tea Icing
- Citrus Sorghum Iced Tea – recipe follows …
Special Diet Notes: Sweet Southern Sorghum Iced Tea
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. Just use caution when selecting your tea and bourbon, if using.
- Boil the water. Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the sorghum syrup and sugar. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir in the bourbon, if using, and orange juice. Add sliced oranges to pitcher.
- Serve over ice with mint to garnish.