Show some love with these cute sweetheart s’mores. They’re so unbelievably easy! Make them last minute for a someone on Valentine’s Day, create them as a simple craft project with kids, or enjoy a batch yourself while watching a rom-com. We’ve done it! These are made with vegan and gluten-free soft-baked cookies, for easy cutting and a tender warm bite.
This sweetheart s’mores recipe with photo was shared with us by Enjoy Life Foods.
Special Diet Notes: Sweetheart S’mores
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly. But see the notes in the recipe.
- Cut the marshmallows in half to make 6 pieces total.
- Break the chocolate bar into four sections. Then break each section in half for a total of eight pieces.
- Slightly flatten two of the cookies. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter or a knife to cut each cookie
- Place one piece of chocolate in the center of one cookie. Slightly flatten a marshmallow piece and place it on top of the chocolate. Cover with remaining cookie. Repeat this step with the remaining cookies and marshmallows (you will have two pieces of chocolate left).
- Place the sweetheart s’mores on a microwavable plate. Microwave for 10 to 20 seconds or until the chocolate starts to melt and the marshmallow softens.
- Consume immediately!
Marshmallow Note: Use vegan marshmallows to keep this recipe vegan. But know that most varieties of vegan marshmallows contain soy.