TGIF! This recipe for a Phuket Princess Cocktail (or Thai Bloody Mary) was submitted by Jen Beckman as a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!). Jen says, “Now this is my kind of snack!”
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Named after Thailand’s largest island and most popular tourist destination, this Thai Bloody Mary offers spicy, salty, and slightly sweet flavors to savor over the holiday weekend or when you simply want to wind down.
Special Diet Notes: Thai Bloody Mary (w/ Virgin Option)
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, and soy-free.
- ½ cup low-sodium tomato juice, preferably fresh
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple or brown rice syrup
- ½ teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 ounces vodka (optional)
- 1 sprig thai basil, to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add all ingredients other than the thai basil. Cover and shake well, until the syrup and curry paste have fully dissolved.
- Pour into a highball glass, garnish with thai basil, and serve.