This curry mini meatball recipe is an “appetizer” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Nancy Diana. She uses a double dose of Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
Nancy says, “These mini meat balls are nutritious and delicious.”
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Curry Mini Meatball Pops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and tree nut-free.
For gluten-free and dairy-free curry mini meatball pops, crumb your favorite gluten-free / dairy-free bread (when stale, or toast first) or buy a pre-packaged variety of crumbs.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup zucchini grated on large holes of box grater
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs (see post above for gluten-free option)
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika + extra for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Wooden skewers for dipping
- 1 or 2 tablespoons panang paste (found in the Asian section of the grocery store) this is quite spicy so you choose how hot you want it
- 325mL So Delicious Original Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch paprika
- Parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. If it is too moist, dip your hands into extra bread crumbs, then roll the mixture into tiny balls.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a mound and roll between two hands into 2" meatballs. Place on a silpat/parchment paper covered baking sheet 1" apart.
- Sprinkle paprika over the balls for added colour.
- Bake for 40-45min in a 350ºF oven, until golden and cooked through.
- The meat can be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days ahead and then cooked.
- They can also be frozen uncooked and baked or baked, cooled and individually frozen, then rewarmed in the oven.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and pour into a decorative bowl.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.