These toasted almond pancakes are topped with Cinnamon Banana Syrup. This is an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Hidemi Walsh
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- In a skillet, roast almond flour until golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix together, all-purpose flour, roasted almond flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and baking powder. Stir in almond plus. Whisk until smooth.
- In a skillet, heat ½ tablespoon olive oil and put ½ of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and begin to set around the edges of the pancake. Then flip with a spatula and cook until golden browned on the other side. Place the pancake on the serving plate. Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet and make 1 more pancake.
- Peel and slice banana thinly crosswise.
- In a saucepan, heat water, 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Bring to boil. When it boils and get sticky, reduce heat to low and add bananas. Stir to coat well. Simmer until bananas are tender.
- Turn off the heat and put on the pancakes.