This recipe for triple almond cookies is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Shailja Vishwakarma. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 core ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
A notch or two above ordinary almond cookies, these have an infusion of almond flavor (almond flour and almond milk) and are topped with a spread of dairy-free dark chocolate and slivered almonds.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Triple Almond Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 100 grams dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 50 grams powdered sugar
- 50 grams almond flour / meal
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 150 grams plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Plus Almond Milk
- Dark chocolate, for garnish
- Finely chopped almonds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven for 180C (350ºF).
- Beat the margarine and sugar very well until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- Add the almond flour and cardamom and sift in the flour. Mix well. Add the almond milk, mix again.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough till it reaches approx 6mm thickness.
- Cut in round shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Grease and dust the baking tray then arrange the cookies on it.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Cool the cookies.
- Melt the chocolate and place over the cookies in the pattern desired.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the melted chocolate.