This simple chocolate protein smoothie possesses more complex flavors and nutritional goodness than you might expect! The recipe was submitted by Fiona Green as a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest.
This isn’t your everyday chocolate smoothie recipe. Fiona sneaks mango and tofu into the blend for an extra dose of fiber, antioxidants, calcium, and protein.
The taste and texture of this smoothie will vary depending on the dairy-free protein powder that you use. Make sure you use a type that you like in smoothies. We like plain, unsweetened pea protein, but you might have another favorite.
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Protein Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free coconut milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 scoop dairy-free organic protein powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or more according to taste)
- ½ ripe frozen banana, broken into chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ¼ cup silken tofu
- Fresh banana slices or toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- Put the milk beverage, cocoa powder, protein powder, agave, banana, mango, and tofu in your blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into a big glass, and serve topped with fresh banana slices or toasted coconut flakes.
Pingback: Chocolate Chia Seed Smoothie Recipe (Dairy-Free!)
Pingback: 22 Chocolate Breakfast Recipes (Plant-Based & Dairy-Free!)
Can you tell us what brand the dairy-free organic protein powder is? I’ve been looking for one for a while and everything has whey in it. Thanks!
Hi Jason, I’ve reviewed tons of great dairy-free (whey-free!) protein powders. See this search – http://www.godairyfree.org/?s=protein+powder – right now, I’m enjoying PlantFood (which is less sweet) and Vega. For super creamy, Growing Naturals pea proteins thicken like nobodies business and are creamier than any protein powder on the market.