This sweet papaya smoothie recipe was originally shared with us by Olympic Soy. They’ve since discontinued their dairy-free soy yogurt, so we’ve modified this recipe to use dairy-free coconut yogurt. The natural coconut flavor melds perfectly, and makes this a soy-free recipe. If the yogurt you use lacks zest, squeeze just a little lemon juice into the smoothie. It helps the flavors pop.
Special Diet Notes: Tropical Papaya Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, paleo-friendly, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup papaya juice
- 1 cup dairy-free coconut yogurt alternative
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
- Honey or agave nectar, to taste (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Put the yogurt, coconut, and ginger, if using, in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the papaya juice and blend to combine. Taste test and add sweetener, if desired.
- For a frostier smoothie, blend in some ice.