This simple Turkey with Rye Stuffing recipe was shared with us one holiday season by Pacific Foods. It’s a timeless classic that happily feeds a crowd.
Special Diet Notes: Turkey with Rye Stuffing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, and peanut-free.
- 1 (12 to 14-pound) turkey
- 1 pound dairy-free light rye bread, day old and cubed
- ½ pound dairy-free dark rye bread, day old and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups onion, diced
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dairy-free buttery spread or sticks
- ¾ cups salted mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ teaspoons rubbed sage
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3½ cup chicken broth (like Pacific Foods)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Sauté the onions, apples, celery and garlic in the butter until tender. Add to the bread cubes. Add the nuts, seasonings and enough Pacific Free Range Chicken Broth to moisten. Mix well.
- Brush the top of the turkey with some oil. Cover lightly with tented foil. Bake in a 325° oven for 4 hours. Remove Turkey from the oven and siphon off most turkey drippings from pan. Add stuffing to sides of Turkey so that they will cook together 1 final hour or until meat thermometer reads 185°. Brush with oil occasionally.
- Separate the Turkey from the Stuffing before slicing.