This recipe for a tutti frutti rainbow smoothie is a 5 minute Runner-Up from the Fast & Fresh Time Trials Recipe Contest, hosted here on Go Dairy Free, and sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free.
The recipe (and photo) was created by Tiffany Aaron of Secret Life of a Betty Crocker Wannabe (note that I’ve included it in the “Alisa’s Recipes” section simply to share that it is a recipe I have tested in my own kitchen, recommend, and included notes on).
Tiffany uses So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage and Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk (aka: dairy-free yogurt) in this super quick and fun rainbow smoothie. It comes together with ease and is a cool, frosty way to enjoy fruit when the weather warms up!
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Rainbow Smoothie
By ingredients, this rainbow smoothie recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and all around allergy-friendly.
Alisa’s Notes: For the vegan rainbow smoothie recipe we are posting here, sweetener of choice is noted as an option. In one batch that we made of this recipe, our frozen mango wasn’t sweet enough, setting the tone for a slightly lackluster smoothie. Try to use ripe, sweet fruit, and if not available, a little stevia or sweetener of choice to taste, does the trick. Also, this is a great recipe for seamless add-ins, like your favorite dairy-free protein powder or powdered vitamins. We add just 1 tablespoon of a white supplement to keep the flavor and look in tact!
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage, divided
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk
- Sweetener (stevia, agave, or your choice), to taste (optional)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup fresh, ready-to-eat spinach
- Place ½ cup coconut milk beverage, mango, and cultured coconut milk in an electric blender. Blend until smooth. Taste test, and if needed, add your desired sweetener to taste.
- Pour half of the mango mixture into a large glass (at least 20-ounce).
- Add strawberries and ¼ cup coconut milk to remaining smoothie in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon half of the strawberry mixture into glass on top of mango layer.
- Add blueberries and ¼ cup coconut milk to remaining smoothie in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon half of the blueberry mixture into glass on top of strawberry layer.
- Add spinach to remaining smoothie and blend.
- Spoon all of this mixture into glass on top of blueberry layer.