This recipe for vegan almond cake is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Jessie Grearson. For moisture, Jessie uses Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Almond Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup sifted cake flour (all purpose may be substituted)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup So delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup silken tofu
- ⅓ cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup marzipan/almond paste
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 300ºF and prepare an 8-inch baking pan: place a parchment circle on bottom of pan, and spray it and sides well with cooking spray.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (almond meal, flour, salt, baking powder and soda). In a blender, blend together sugar, almond milk, zest, tofu, olive oil, marzipan and almond extract until smooth and light yellow in color. Make a well in dry ingredients and stir in blended ingredients; stir just until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle top with sugar-zest. Finally, Sprinkle pine nuts over top of cake.
- Bake, rotating pan once mid way through, for about 40 – 45 minutes, depending on your oven. Center needs to cook through completely. Let cool in pan, then invert carefully, remove parchment and cool completely on a rack. Enjoy!