This recipe for almond rice pudding is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Margaret Rewers. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This simple breakfast / dessert is cooked in almond milk then topped with sliced almonds. For even more almond goodness, add a dollop of creamy almond butter.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Almond Rice Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 3 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, for topping
- Toasted sliced almonds
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups almond milk to a light boil.
- Stir in the jasmine rice, sugar, and vanilla. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is creamy and most of milk is absorbed.
- Serve warm or cold with a little almond milk poured on top.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and toasted sliced almonds.