This recipe for vegan banana blueberry pancakes was a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Christina Perez. The contest ran in 2014, but today we’re giving Christina’s recipe an update!
She used shortcut ingredients to cut the time and number of ingredients needed. Vanilla almond milk beverage covers the liquid, vanilla flavor, and sweetness, and Bisquick covers the flour, salt, most of the leavener, and fat.
Believe it or not, Bisquick Original, Bisquick Heart Smart, and Bisquick Gluten Free are dairy-free. But you can also make your own with this Homemade Dairy-Free Bisquick Recipe or this Better Than Crocker Baking Mix.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Banana Blueberry Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup vanilla dairy-free almond milk beverage
- ½ banana, mashed
- 2 cups dairy-free Bisquick (see post above)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the mashed banana and almond milk beverage until relatively smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Bisquick and baking powder to remove the lumps.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir just until incorporated. Do not over mix!
- Lightly grease the hot skillet with a little buttery spread and pour a scant ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Drop 5 to 7 blueberries onto each pancake. Flip the pancake when bubbles form and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes on the other side. Repeat this step until all the batter is gone.
- Serve with maple syrup.