You may recall the Raw Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe that we shared from Gena Hamshaw’s new cookbook, Choosing Raw, just recently. Well we have one more gem from this amazing new high-raw cookbook: super-easy Banana Cashew Yogurt.
Greek yogurt is one of the last non-vegan foods I stopped eating, and it was one of my favorites. I’ve seen all sorts of super complex recipes for fermented, homemade yogurts, but this simple recipe is my go-to.
This banana cashew yogurt calls for a probiotic powder. You don’t have to go out and purchase one to make it. If you take any kind of probiotic supplement, you can simply empty two to three capsules into the recipe and enjoy. If you don’t want to, or don’t have a probiotic powder at all, that’s fine. Just go ahead and enjoy the taste of this sweet, tangy treat.
Special Diet Notes: Banana Cashew Yogurt
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours or more, then drained
- 2 large bananas
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup coconut water (1⁄2 cup if you’re using a food processor)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dairy-free probiotic powder (optional; you can simply open up a few probiotic capsules for this!)
- Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Alternatively, place all the ingredients, except the coconut water, in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Turn the motor on and drizzle in the coconut water in a thin stream. Keep processing until the mixture is very smooth.
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, the yogurt will keep for 2 days.