This recipe for vegan Caesar dressing is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Moriah Geller. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Caesar Dressing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally food allergy-friendly.
Note that nutritional yeast gives this vegan Caesar dressing it’s pungency, and is a difficult ingredient to replace. Fortunately, it is more common in grocers now, and can always be ordered online.
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk or blend the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, onion, and garlic until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.