This delicious vegan chocolate fudge recipe was originally shared with us by my friend Gina Clowes at AllergyMoms over 10 years ago. Gina has been a pioneer in food allergy awareness – one of her sons has multiple food allergies. But she also knows her way around dairy-free, nut-free treats for special occasions. We’ve updated the post and recipe to make it easier to follow.
Thanks to Cassie for sharing this on Facebook, “I made this with my daughter who can’t have dairy, and it was so good!!”
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Chocolate Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Put the milk beverage and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, while whisking. Boil for 7 minutes, whisking often. Reduce the heat if it threatens to bubble over.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the buttery spread, chocolate, and vanilla until smooth.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture into your prepared baking dish and level it out.
- Refrigerate the fudge for several hours, or overnight, to set up.
- Once set, cut the vegan chocolate fudge into squares.
- Store leftover fudge in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze it to enjoy later.