This delicious vegan chocolate fudge recipe was originally shared with us by my friend Gina Clowes at AllergyMoms. Gina has been a pioneer in food allergy awareness – one of her sons has multiple food allergies. But she also knows her way around dairy-free, nut-free treats for special occasions.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Chocolate Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Put the milk beverage and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, while whisking. Boil for 7 minutes, whisking often. Reduce the heat if it threatens to bubble over.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the buttery spread, chocolate, and vanilla until smooth.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture into your prepared baking dish and level it out.
- Refrigerate the fudge for several hours, or overnight, to set up.
- Once set, cut the vegan chocolate fudge into squares.
- Store leftover fudge in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze it to enjoy later.