This recipe for vegan chocolate peppermint pie is a “video” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by the Sugar Bakers, Cj Leavens and Joey Conway. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 core ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Meet the Sugar Bakers!
And enjoy their vegan chocolate peppermint pie…
Cj and Joey said, “We are the Sugar Bakers, a vegan baking duo. We would love to share our Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Pie recipe with you, since we love and use So Delicious products and one is in this recipe! Thank you so very much for your consideration!”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just use caution in the prepared crust or crust recipe that you choose.
For a gluten-free vegan chocolate peppermint pie, use your favorite gluten-free crust. You can even make your own graham crust with Kinnikinnick crumbs!
For a nut-free vegan chocolate peppermint pie, use coconut milk beverage in place of the almond milk and wisely choose your crust!
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups So Delicious Dairy-Free Original Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 9" prepared pie shell (We like to use a graham cracker crust.)
- Dairy free whipped topping and peppermint candy crumbs to top
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Slowly add the almond milk while whisking.
- Heat over medium heat while stirring. Allow to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the extracts.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Chill in refrigerator until fully cooled.
- If you want, pipe dairy-free whipped topping around the edges or in any pattern you like, top with candy crumbs.
- Eat pie and enjoy!