This recipe for dairy-free cocoa-nut ice cream is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Diana Amadeo. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Cocoa-nut Ice cream
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 5 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- 15-ounce can cream of coconut (Diana uses Goya), chilled
- 2 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder (Diana uses Hershey’s special dark)
- Place all ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Churn according to the manufacturer's directions on your ice cream maker (ensure that all equipment has been adequately chilled!).
- Eat promptly (preferably after ice cream is out of the maker), or pack into an airtight container and freeze for hard-packed.