This wonderful Pasta with Vegan Garlic Shiitake Cream Sauce recipe was shared with us by Chef Jason Wyrick of The Vegan Taste.
I’ll be honest. I love food, I love to cook, but I don’t love to do it all the time. After a long day in the professional kitchen, I often find myself feeling rather burned out for my personal kitchen. That’s when I head for the containers of hummus or other quick foods I’ve got sitting around, or I head to the kitchen to make something fast and easy, something that doesn’t require a lot of thought, but tastes great and leaves me satisfied for the rest of the night. This creamy pasta is one of those dishes!
Chef Jason’s vegan garlic shiitake cream sauce is light in calories but rich, creamy, flavorful, earthy, and warm. He serves it over pasta, but it’s also great over cooked polenta, rice, or gnocchi. You might even like it over steamed vegetables for a grain-free light meal.
Special Diet Notes: Pasta with Vegan Garlic Shiitake Cream Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta (can sub gluten-free pasta or regular pasta)
- 12 ounces soft silken tofu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 to 15 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or basil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the noodles and stir for about 1 minute. Continue cooking until al dente.
- Put the tofu, galirc, onion powder, salt, and pepper in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the sauce and shiitakes to a pan and simmer them over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are done, drain them and plate them. Top with the sauce and shiitakes, and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.