Several years ago, Cathe Olson offered to share two recipes from her book, Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love. I highlighted the recipes in a news feature, but they were never added to our recipe section. Last month I moved and featured her Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe, and today I’m giving a permanent home to her Vegan Lavender Ice Cream Recipe. Both recipes are unbelievably easy and this one contains just four ingredients!
Special Diet Notes: Lavender Ice Cream
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and optionally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1¼ cups soymilk or other dairy-free milk beverage
- ¼ cup fresh lavender flowers and buds (about 8 large sprigs)
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar or agave nectar
- Pour the milk beverage into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until it just begins to boil. Stir in the lavender flowers and buds. Cover and remove from the heat. Let steep for 20 minutes.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Pour the milk beverage through the strainer into a large bowl to remove the lavender.
- Whisk the coconut milk and sugar into the lavender-infused milk beverage until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
More Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Peach Crisp Ice Cream (vegan, optionally gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Maple Mocha Ice Cream (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)