This lemon tofu cheesecake recipe was shared with us by a reader, and I unfortunately can’t find their name! Unlike other vegan tofu cheesecakes, this version uses soymilk powder and agar to create a very slice-able dessert that is high in protein, but relatively low in fat.
Special Diet Notes: No Bake Lemon Tofu Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 20 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1¼ cups soymilk powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup agave nectar, honey (if not strictly vegan), or maple syrup
- 6 to 7 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO canola oil or your favorite neutral-tasting oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 6 teaspoons agar agar powder
- 1 (10-inch) prepared dairy-free crust (gluten-free, if needed)
- Put the tofu, soymilk powder, sweeteners, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and salt in your blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Put the water and agar powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring it just to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer) for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With your blender or food processor running, pour the agar mixture through the hole or chute. Agar sets up very quickly, so it needs to be blended immediately to avoid a lumpy cheesecake.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared crust and chill for 3 hours, or until set.
Key Pantry Ingredients: Lemon Tofu Cheesecake
Excellent!!! Can’t stop eating it! 🙂
For a low carb alternative, I replaced sugar with stevia.
Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it Lara and thanks for sharing your feedback on using stevia.
I’m not sure how I missed this recipe, it looks amazing!! The fresh lemon flavor sounds so good right now, I need to make this soon!
Tofu cheesecake is a classic!