These chocolate mint cookie truffles are a bit like cake pops. But instead of fluffy cake and frosting, they’re made with rich cookies and chocolate. They’re a denser, decadent treat that just happens to be allergy-friendly! Yes, every bite is suitable for vegans and chocoholics who must shun dairy, gluten, nuts, eggs, or soy. But don’t worry – people who can eat everything will love them too. You can set them out at parties, gift them, or just keep some stashed in your freezer for those (daily) chocolate cravings.
This mint chocolate cookie truffles recipe with photo was shared with us by Enjoy Life Foods.
Special Diet Notes: Mint Chocolate Cookie Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 (10-ounce) bags dairy-free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life Minis), divided
- 1 (6-ounce) box Enjoy Life Soft-Baked Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- ¾ teaspoon mint extract
- ½ tablespoon non-hydrogenated shortening (can sub coconut oil)
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper, letting the paper hang over 2 opposite edges. Lightly grease the paper.
- Process the cookies into crumbs. You should have approximately 1½ cups cookie crumbs.
- Melt one 10-ounce bag of the chocolate chips. Stir in the mint extract. Stir in the cookie crumbs.
- Spread the chocolate cookie mixture evenly in your prepared pan.
- Let the mixture cool until set. You can hasten it by placing the pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. The cookie mixture should be firm enough to cut into pieces. If it's too hard from the refrigerator, let it soften a little before slicing.
- Cut the cookie mixture into 1-inch squares.
- Melt the remaining 10-ounce bag of chocolate. Dip the cookie pieces in the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Let them sit to harden, or place them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.